Through hard work, grants and generous donations the Spafford Area Historical Society has been painstakingly renovating the former Borodino Grange Hall over the past 20 years. The hall was build in 1832 originally as a church. During the bulk of the 20th century it was home to Borodino Grange #1272. Today it is used as a community center, gathering place and performance venue. SAHS puts on concerts and historical programs throughout the year. The hall is also available for private use. Contact us for details.
The Side Hill School House was built in 1813 and has been completely restored including period school furnishings. In addition to showings by appointment SAHS hosts 4th grade classes from area school districts. During these visits the children are taught and recreate in manner consistent to how children were taught in the 19th century.